Best Solar Panels 2020 Reviews, List & Buying Guide
Best Solar Panels: Solar panels have become a part of our everyday life. With an eco – friendly notion most of us have installed rooftop solar panels. But, now it’s time to upgrade our self to comfortable, foldable on the go solar panels. No more we have to worry about power supply while trekking, camping, hiking or even marine rides. You can pack them along with your backpack and utilities.
Solar panels are the eco-friendly investment we all need to make. We have been making use of natural resources without any second thought. Now it’s high time to equip our self with modern technology for a better environment.
Nowadays you can find a drastic growth that’s happening with the solar panels. Every improvisation started with the discovery of monocrystalline solar panels in the 1950s. Predominantly you can find three types like monocrystalline solar panels polycrystalline solar panels and thin – film solar panels. All these types have their versatile specifications. You can make use of them according to your needs, your home environment, your budget your trekking and trips.
Solar panels aren’t restricted only for providing electricity for homes or institution, but you can also even carry portable solar panels for charging your mobile phones and for appliances that require low power.
Top 10 solar panels to look for this 2020
Just before investing, it’s always wiser to look for a different choice. Here we shall discuss some of the best solar panels that come in affordable cost, easy installation, and upgraded features. Let’s discuss the features, pros, cons, and verdict in detail for every product.
Before getting into the details of buyers guide, let’s have a look at the best solar panels of 2020:
1. Kinverch 100 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Panel
Kinverch solar panels are monocrystalline solar panels with high efficiency and greater output. It can produce 500 W per day depending on the sunlight availability. This is a highly durable product made to withstand high winds or snow. Installing this in your home or workplace is a hassle-free task. Its corrosion resistant and hence will stay with you and serve you for a much longer time.
- 6-year warranty for the components and 25 years warranty for the power output transfer
- 24/7 service
- Has high durability
- Even low availability of sunlight does not affect its efficiency
- Monocrystalline solar panels cost more than the other kinds of panels
- High efficiency and output : This solar panel module conversion efficiency can comes up to 20.5%-22.5%, Ideal output: 500W per day (depending on the availability of sunlight). It has excellent performance even in low-light environments.
2. Renogy100 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline
Renogy is a monocrystalline solar panel that can produce up to 100 watts power. The cells have a long service life because of its multi-layered sheet minimizations. You can place this solar panel on different mounting systems like pole mounts, z-mounts, and tilt mounts. It boasts of features like corrosion resistance and anti-reflective surface which doesn’t get heated. The top glass layer is durable and doesn’t get spoiled fast. Arguably it is one of the best solar panels of 2020.
- 25 years of warranty for transferable power output and a 5-year warranty for artistry
- Easy to carry
- Pre-drilled holes that will be helpful for grounding process
- Value for money
- The panels have sharp edges
- Needs assistance for installation
Renogy 100 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Off Grid Portable Foldable 2Pcs 50W Solar Panel Suitcase Built-in Kickstand with Waterproof 20A...
- Adjustable, Corrosion-Resistant aluminum stand as well as a heavy duty handle and latches for longevity. Folded size: 19. 9 x 27. 2 x 2. 8 inches. Ideal output: 500 Watt hours per day (depends on sunlight availability)
3. RAV Power solar charger
RAV power panels have highly efficient solar energy conversion rates as they can make conversions up 21.5-23.5 solar power from the free sunlight energy. Highly foldable and carry on the go product. You can make use of these solar panels to instantly charge all of your smartphones, camera and camera equipment.
- Compact and weighs only 20.6 oz.
- Foldable and water resistant
- Optimizes its electricity production according to the needs of the gadgets
- Affordable price
- You will end up with no solar energy conversion if you not put in the right place
RAVPower Solar Charger 24W Solar Panel with 3 USB Ports Waterproof Foldable Camping Travel Charger Compatible iPhone Xs XS Max...
- Signature Solar Cells: Our 24W solar charging technology increases the efficiency of charging by up to 21.5% - 23.5%
- Easy To Carry: Half the weight of similar solar chargers but equal in power so you can bring it anywhere
4. Eco worthy 20 W 12V 1P65 Solar panel kit
Eco-worthy is a polycrystalline solar panel that has high efficiency. You can use this solar panel for DC appliances like fan, LED lights Chicken coops and much more low energy consumption gadgets. They are a rare kind of solar panel where you can have the most moderate standby current. It also comes with overcharge and small charge auto optimization features. This product also comes with 1P65 production along with a long life aluminum frame.
- It has a life span of 20 years
- Water resistant
- Recommendable for heavy use
- Works for car battery also
- Withstands high winds and snow load
- Installation is quite difficult
- Only for extended outdoor use
ECO-WORTHY 20W 12V IP65 Solar Panel Kit: 20W Off Grid Polycrystalline Solar Panel & Aluminum Battery Clips & 3A Charge...
- Can be applied to varies DC appliance: fan, linear actuator for a portable chicken coop, LED light etc.
- Package includes: 1pcs 20w poly solar panel with 1m cable solar panel & 1pcs 3A 12V/24V solar charge controller & 2m extension cable with battery clips
5. Goal Zero Nomad 20 Solar Panel
Goal zero is a monocrystalline solar panel with a built-in junction box that has a charging chip. It is a 20-watt foldable solar panel combo that comes with a chainable built-in USB port. You can use this solar panel during sunlight exposition. It has a good standby time, and you can also use this as a portable solar panel.
- Consists of plug and play features
- Easily foldable and you can carry it even for hiking
- Has a problem with producing electricity
- stops producing electricity if it’s a cloudy day
- Built-in junction box with smart-charging chip, allows you to power handheld USB and 12 Volt gear from the sun
- Patented chaining technology combines Goal Zero Nomad panels for faster charge times
- Highly efficient mono-crystalline solar pumps out more power per square inch. Optimal Operating Temp: 0-120 F (-17-48 C)
6. Renogy 100 watt eclipse
Renogy solar panels are adjustable, corrosion resistant aluminum stand that has a promising long lifespan. The most decisive factor is that it comes with 100-watt hours every day if you have good availability of sunshine. You need not worry about battery compatibility as it goes good along with gel, lithium, sealed and flooded battery. The low voltage system of Renogy also serves as a shockproof measure. This product is indeed the best buy option if you are not concerned about the price
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Consists of two unite of 50-watt solar panels
- The charge control comes with the LCD
- High price
- LCD not up to the mark
Renogy 100 Watt 12 Volt Eclipse Monocrystalline Solar Panel High Efficiency Module Off Grid PV Power for Battery Charging, Boat,...
- 【More Efficient】 Monocrystalline panels come with high-efficiency cells that help increase module efficiency. Cell efficiency: Eclipse 100W Monocrystalline:22%, regular 100W Monocrystalline: 21% , 100W Polycrystalline: 18.7%. Bypass diodes minimize power drop caused by shade and ensure excellent performance in low-light environments.
7. Eco worthy ten w solar panels
Eco- worthy l is a polycrystalline solar panel that can produce up to 10 watts. This product is made up of heavy aluminum. The waterproof junction box comes along with these solar panels. The best part of Eco Worthy is that you need not worry about the installation process as it comes with pre-drilled panels. Let it be wind or snow Eco Worth has good resistibility. It is one of the best solar panels which are available in the market right now.
- Affordable cost
- Comes with five years of quality warranty
- 20 years of power conversion warranty
- Produces current less than 20 watt
- Overall performance can be improved
- Widely used on small dry camp and off-grid ligthing applications
- Waterproof IP-65 Rated Junction Box : Advanced water and dust proof level (complete protection against environmental particles and low pressure water jets).
8. Suner Power
Suner power converts sunlight energy into 12 volt DC electricity. The charge also plays a vital role when it comes to generating electricity. You can find a solar-powered charger, safety charges, SLA, AGM, gel, wet and batteries along with the kit. The best feature is that they have a reverse protection feature where the cells won’t dry out and the solar charger will not overcharge the battery.
- Easy maintenance
- Easy installation
- No additional cost related to the product
- The product provides an extended 12-month warranty
- Lifetime technical support
- Needs improvisations with battery
SUNER POWER 12V Solar Car Battery Charger & Maintainer - Portable 8W Solar Panel Trickle Charging Kit for Automotive, Motorcycle,...
- [Charge Anywhere] The solar charger converts light energy from sun into 12 volt DC electricity and charge batteries. The charger will generate electricity current to trickle charge battery as long as there is sufficient sunlight available. US Patent Pending!
9. Dokio Foldable solar panels
Dokio is a monocrystalline solar panel that can generate 200w of power; it is compact, lightweight and highly efficient. They are designed in foldable portable designs. They are forceful and have high durability. The best feature is that you can utilize this product without the aid of a battery. It comes with a free inverter, and you need not spend money on high batteries.
- High efficiency
- Affordable price
- Weighs only 10.5 lbs
- Easy to carry and foldable features
- Five years component warranty and 25 years power output warranty
- Needs improvisations in the charge controller
- POWERFUL AND LIGHTWEIGHT: This solar panel maximum packs 200W of power under ideal laboratory condition which is only 0.2 inch thick and weighs only 10.5 lbs., making it easier to transport, hang, and remove.
10. Paxcess Foldable 50 W solar panel
Paxcess is an ideal setting for all your camping needs. It comes with an adapter charger, USB cables that can serve as a complete kit for all your electric need. All you need to do is to plug this in your wall for 8 hours so that it can fully recharge. Paxcess solar panels can provide power supply for laptop charging, car fridge, CPAP machine, vacuum cleaner, and much more appliances.
- Easy maintenance
- Meets IATA guidelines hence they can also be used for air travel
- Temperature control
- Complete protection features available
- The charge runs down quickly
PAXCESS Foldable 50W Solar Panel Charger for Suaoki Portable Generator/8mm Goal Zero Yeti 100/150/400 Power Station Battery Pack/USB Devices, with...
- MADE FOR SOLAR GENERATORS - Compatible with most solar generator on the market. With our included different size of connectors(8mm DC Adapter for Goal Zero, 5.5 * 2.5mm DC Adapter for Suaoki portable Generator and 3.5 * 1.35mm DC Adapter for Paxcess portable Power Generator), and 5V USB devices, including smartphones and tablets(iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy), GPS, digital cameras, etc.
So, far we have dealt with the top 10 best solar panels. All of them have their specifications, features and own versatile quality. Choose the kind of solar panels that would help you out with your traveling needs. A product with a reasonable warranty period ensures its quality.
No more you have to depend on large solar panels on the roof. Its time for comfortable, flexible solar panels that can help you out with all your electrical needs. Most of these solar panels are ideal for hiking, camping, marine rides and its almost suitable to quench all your adventure streak. Along with your backpacks and tents pack your favorite solar panels. If you have already used solar panels, you will know the practical difficulties that follow so be wiser to choose the right one.
Indeed solar panels are quite a considerable investment, and here we would love to help you with features you have to check in before you pick a solar panel for your home. Be sure to focus on the details as they are a substantially long time investment.
Things to Check before you Buy Your Solar Panels
Solar Panel Mounting
Its high time to look for ground mounting or tracking certificate that engineer certified for the location you live. In case you live in a cyclone prone area, its important to look at whether the mountain system is also wind certified. Certification is indeed a vital component to look for as some suppliers skip this component. Also, check for warranty arrangements and get the copies of those documents you would require in the future.
Solar inverter efficiency
A Power inverter is a box you find between the panels, and they take up the responsibility of converting DC electricity from solar panels to AC so that the saved energy can be for home accessibility. Do remember that not all solar inverters are alike. The efficiency of the inverted has a direct impact on the amount of time the system takes for charging. So look for the ability of the inverter before you make a purchase. An efficient inverter will result in better quality and less electricity wastage during the conversion from DC to AC. Be cautious of generic kinds of brands.
Choose the kind of solar panel you need
In case of having a limited roof space, you would need a highly efficient monocrystalline solar panels. Many advance solar panels are coming up every day. But you have to choose the right kind of panel that can go right along with the roof space. Polycrystalline panel technology and thin film technologies are some of the latest features.
An inefficient solar panel may affect your total electricity productions where it will lead you for the installation of more solar panels in the future as these insufficient solar panels will not have the potential to maximize the power output in the future. Also do remember that regardless of the claims, no solar panel technology can provide a significant amount of power in the full shade roof.
Solar panel certification
Solar panel certification is something significant when it comes to purchasing. The accreditation of the solar panels indicates the testing that has undergone. If you find a TUV 6125 certification, it means that the panels have gone through independent laboratory testing. It further proves that the solar panels have met up all the specification that are advertised by the firms. Other certifications are self –accesses. So it’s wise to get to know about the certifications in advance. Not all claims need to be honest.
Period of Manufacturer warranty
You may wonder on the priority given for the manufacturer warranty! But this is something you have to look deep. If your manufacturer is reputable, you will get a more extended period of warranty. Some manufacturers do provide 25 years of warranty. The warranty period directly reflects the quality of the solar panels where the period of warranty period represents how long you can rely on those best solar panels.
Price up to the mark of quality
You may even find some solar panels offering you so many features at a little cost! Be careful; not all products can give you quality panels at a low cost. So have realistic expectations on the price. Equipping low-cost solar panels may result in poor quality. Quality products do have their affordable charges so, go along with a trustworthy product. If you look deep, you may also find some companies playing tricks with their products. Hence, compare the components and warranty period alike. Also, check into the company for installation, you may find some charges implied that can affect the substantial savings.
Recommendations and reviews
Not all products are great just because they give so much of advertisements. Hence do check with your neighbors about the product. Perhaps they can also explain to you about the hurdles they faced with the solar panels. Solar panels purchase is a substantial investment where you have to use the same product for a long time. Checking for reviews is something which should definitely be done before making this huge investment.
Most of the people face difficulties with the installation process. It’s quite difficult for people to set up the product right and install them for testing. There are many solar panels available in the market that are of high cost and come with the complicated setup process. You can also find solar panels that are upgraded with easy to fix features. Some do come with pre-drilled holes so that you can directly fix them with no more significant issues.
You can find different kinds of batteries available in the market. It’s wiser to have an eye on the battery that’s provided along with the solar panels. Even though the solar panels are in perfect condition, some cells aren’t efficient enough to provide long term power supply.
What are the different types of Best Solar Panels?
Monocrystalline solar panels
Generally, monocrystalline silicon solar PV is considered the best technology when it comes to efficient delivery. When measured with the wattage output, it has the highest with the aid of large panels. The efficiency has its own cost. Monocrystalline solar is made up a single crystal because of their oval shape. So they are cut into unique patterns so that they can get a recognizable pattern. The crystalline frameworks have a grid-like structure. They produce no grain marks.As a final note, they are the best when it comes to purity and has the highest efficiency levels.
Polycrystalline Silicon solar panels
These are the best value for solar panels. Polycrystalline comes into form by pouring molten silicon into a cast. However, they come into shape with an imperfect crystal structure that forms a crystal boundary. Because of this reason, you will find these panels having a grainy appearance. The polycrystalline silicon is half the rate of monocrystalline silicon. Monocrystalline silicon panels are efficient, but their price is very high. Polycrystalline solar panels come with excellent efficiency comparably lower than monocrystalline panels. But they are the best value for money.
Thin film solar panels
Thin film solar panels are the cheapest in the market. They are affordable, low weight and consume very less space. But when compared with the other two solar panels this has several disadvantages. Thin film panels cannot match up with the efficiency of both the monocrystalline and polycrystalline solar panes. Its maximum efficiency range is only 20.3%
When it comes to buying solar panels, it’s vital to have a check on the type of solar panels. The life of the panel groups hugely depends upon the model. If you are looking for low weight panels, do check whether the quality of the groups is up to the mark.
All these solar panels have their pros and cons. So choose the kind of group that would be suitable for the type of environment you belong to. The best choice ever with high efficiency is always monocrystalline solar panels.
Who can use solar Panels?
Solar panels for your home
Electricity bills aren’t something very pleasing. It gradually increases over time. As homeowners, we always have an option to choose our home, family and financial needs. Here we would love to explain to you why the installation of solar panels is the best alternative for paying electricity bills. You can consider solar panels to be a long term investment where you need not worry about the electricity bills ever in your life. So, now onwards you can enjoy the luxury of your home with air conditioning, heater and other electric gadgets that make your home a comfortable place. Especially with a highly reduced bill than ever before!
Another most refreshing aspect of best solar panels is that they increase the overall value of the home. These are added equity to your home. Solar panels have a tangible value during your home sale. Research does conclude that people prefer homes with solar panels to traditional houses. As a buyer, we may face quite a lot of hurdles during the purchase. We would love to guide you with the buyer guides and best available solar panels in the market. So, let’s get into the details.
Solar panels for trekkers and outdoor people
Nowadays, all of us want to be independent. When it comes to electricity needs, most of the people have now turned up for highly efficient solar panels that cut down most of the power supply difficulties. Recent solar panels do come with winds protection and heavy snow load protection. Hence you can carry them anywhere and everywhere without any problems. Even if you are flying to a new country, you can take them along as some solar panels have come with related certifications.
Each solar panel is different and has unique specifications. It’s a wiser option to look for best solar panels based on your needs as you may face problems with the boards, adapters, inverters, battery, mounting, and installation. So don’t choose a solar panel just because they are affordable and they come with many add –ons. That may be a marketing trick. Hence look for products that have a long life and can stand along with all your power supply needs.