Best Solar Watches of 2020 For Outdoor Use
Best Solar Watches 2020: When you think of a common accessory that you can carry easily every day without getting bored, the first thought that strikes your mind is a watch! Watches are a necessity that can offer elegance as well. Nowadays millennials are preferring solar watches than traditional watches especially while going for outdoor activities.
Solar watches are available in all watch categories. They are a great buy considering the ease of battery charging and omission of the need for battery replacement. The need for solar watches arises when the troubles of our traditional watches are realized. Most of the battery-driven watches can work for 3-4 years in one go and then they need a replacement of the battery. Many a time we fall prey to our careless attitude and in order to avoid the replacement of battery we end up discarding our watch itself!
Watches are a daily necessity and for some people having a good collection of watches is a style statement as well. Most women are more fond of stylish embellished watches while men look for classy ones. Sportspersons, athletes, and mountaineers can opt for the trek style watches.
- These watches are specially designed to suit everyone’s need. To satisfy the fashion craving for women, embellished, peral style watches are best suited. In watches designed for sports and mountaineers, the features are highly uniques and customized. They include barometer, thermometer, world time zones, etc.
- All such variants are available in solar batteries as well. These best solar watches are durable, long- lasting and do not require changing the batteries again and again.
Thus, it is a recommended alternate of our classic battery driven watches. All the variants available in regular watch categories like sports watches, trek watches, analog/ digital watches, pearl designer watches are available as solar watches as well.
So anyone who loves to have a variety of watches or is looking for a good watch to cater the need can opt for purchasing these solar wrist watches in 2019.
A wide range of classy watches in varied designs is flooding the markets. Different designs are available to meet the different looks and compliment your style statement. The function of watches has now basically extended much more than mere time telling! Also, sports people, mountaineers prefer different customized functional watches to cater to their needs. Whatever be the purpose of purchase, watches have always been a trending choice for the buyers
Taking traditional watches? Time to Change May Be
Solar watches are not something different. They don’t look different or are neither a different category of watches. The only difference is in the method of energy utilization. While traditionally watches have been working on batteries, the newer solar watches use sunlight or in fact any source of light to get charged.
There are solar absorbing panels on top or on the downside of the dial which can absorb solar energy and convert them into electrical energy which is then used for an operation of the watch. These watches can use any source of light for recharging.
The time it takes to charge depends upon the intensity and source of light. Once the watch is charged fully it can work for more than 3-5 months depending upon the quality of the watch. In order to charge it, just place the watch on your window sill or at some place where there is good illumination.
There are myths that these best solar watches cannot work in dark. However, all such rumors are false. Once the watch has been charged to 100% it will remain operational in dark and light for 3-5 months at least.
The major benefit that solar watches have given to buyers is the elimination of the need to replace better is. Traditional watches can work for 3-4 years and then need a battery replacement. Most of the times, laziness to get the battery replacement results in discarding of the watch. However, with upcoming of this solar technology, the need for this battery replacement gets omitted and your watches can be used for as long as you want.
10 Best Solar Watches for for Your Outdoor Needs
1. Seiko Men’s Two-Tone Chronograph Solar Dress Watch
Seiko has always been the buyers favorite when it comes to watches. This black bracelet watch for men is another trending piece in the market. The smooth multi- chronograph black dial is so elegant that you won’t be able to resist from buying it. Also, the stainless steel material will ensure durability, and so this watch will become an everyday accessory for you. Talking about its features, this watch weighs only 12.8 ounces and is comfortable to wear with a push-button clasp. It has an analog display, and the hands offer a luminous display for convenient readability. The watch is very accurate, being designed with Japanese quartz technology
Also, you need not worry about the battery since it is solar powered. It also has a six months power reserve. Two-tone watch features for you the time, date and calendar as well. It also has a feature of a stopwatch. Not just the looks, it has been crafted keeping in mind the durability as well. This stainless steel material watch is water resistant as well, up to a level of 100m. this is one of the most popular solar powered watch in the market and usually the first choice of the customers.
- Luminous hands which offer better readability
- 6 months of power reserve
- Stainless steel material for better durability
- Waterproof up to 100m
- Functions may decrease if charging with sunlight is not done
- Date adjustment needs to be done manually
- No backlighting
- Round watch featuring logoed dial and three chronograph subdials, luminous hands/markers, and magnified date window at 3 o'clock
- 43 mm stainless steel case with Hardlex dial window
- Japanese quartz movement with analog display
2. Casio Men’s G-Shock Solar MultiBand Atomic Watch
The range of G shock watches by Casio have always fascinated the buyers. This latest G shock multiband watch has also stood up to the expectations of watch lovers. The sturdy design with an elegant look makes this watch a must-have. It is a multifunctional watch with full auto EL light. You can set up to 4 daily alarms and set the time according to 42 different time zones. This is not all; it offers some additional functions as well, like, 1/100 seconds stopwatch, countdown timer and time view in both 12 hours and 24 hr format. The accuracy is very high as it is designed with the Japanese quartz technology and offers a digital display for you. Also, it is water resistant up to 200m. Hence you need not worry about damage due to water.
Overall, it is an excellent buy considering the amazing features, great design, lightweight, and ruggedness. The black resin strap with buckle closure can go with almost every outfit, and you can wear it even during rough tasks, this trendy watch will surely keep up the value of its name and absorb shocks without getting damaged. This watch will not disappoint the users in any way and since it comes from one of the most popular brands, the trust level definitely rises!
- Comfortable wear
- EL backlight display for easy readability
- Waterproof up to 200m
- Rugged design
- Blackout feature which makes readability difficult during daytime
- Average battery backup. Needs to be charged in sunlight often
- Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping , Tough Solar Power, Shock Resistant
- 200M Water Resistant, Full Auto EL Backlight with Afterglow, World Time, 4 Daily alarms and 1 Snooze Alarm, Hourly time signal
- 1/100 second stopwatch, Countdown Timer, Full auto-calendar, 12/24 hour formats, Button operation tone on/off
3. Seiko Women’s Solar Watch
Seiko watches have always been women’s favorite. This silver metal watch from Seiko has also impressed the women with its elegant design. This watch is all about style, trend, and beauty at a very affordable price. The watch has been designed very beautifully with a silver dial offering analog display. The numbers are also in sufficiently large font offering good readability. The bracelet is the silver and gold colored metal chain. The golden color is just the right combo to fit in with any jewelry of yours. It is the right choice if you’re looking for a trendy design to suit your style statement with a formal dress code or for party wear. Also, the watch ensures accuracy as it has been built using Japanese Quartz technology. The battery backup is also good.
Once you solar charge it, the battery will surely last long. Another amazing feature is its water resistance. This watch is water resistant up to 99 feet — so no need to worry about the watch getting damaged even when dealing with water-related tasks. Women can enjoy this sleek designed solar power watch which can be easily paired with casual, office or party look. It’s a must have accessory and would definitely be there with you much longer than your traditional watch.
- Elegant design
- Golden color to pair up easily with any jewelry
- Larger font size for easy readability
- Good battery backup
- Water resistance up to 99 feet
- No EL backlight thus can be difficult to read at night
- This strap, not suitable for women looking for wide strap design
- Day and date calendar
- White dial
- Two tone. Case Diameter:25mm, Case thickness:8mm, Band width:13.3mm
- Solar analog
- Water resistant to 99 feet (30 M): withstands rain and splashes of water, but not showering or submersion
4. Timex Men’s Expedition Ranger Solar Watch
Leather watches can never go out of style, and this leather watch for men has gained a large fan following as well. A variety of colors are available, tan being the most frequently purchased one. Other colors available include blue and orange accent. The design is super stylish and sturdy. The adjustable strap can fit the wrist circumference size up to 8 inches. The best part of this super stylish watch is its battery reserve. Once you charge it in light, it can stay charged up to 2 months! The readability is also great due to the large font size as well as orange and blue accents on the blue dial color.
To enhance the display and readability, the hands are also white colored. Overall, the silver colored dial looks amazing. The tan colored leather strap adds on to the style statement, making this watch a must have for all watch lovers. Also, you need not worry about damage due to water as this watch is water resistant up to 50m.
- Stylish design
- Leather strap with adjustable clasp
- Good readability
- Great power reserve
- Water resistance up to 50m
- Not suitable for men with thin wrist circumference
- Adjustable tan textured 20mm leather strap fits up to 8-inch wrist circumference
- Charged by any light with a two-month power reserve
- Blue dial with orange accents; date window at 3 o'clock
- Silver-tone 43mm brass case with mineral lens; luminous hands
5. Casio Men’s Pro Trek PRW3500 Solar Powered Atomic Digital Watch
This is the best watch available in the market for those involved in sports and treks. It is just another addition to the amazing list of Casio ProTrek watches and is an improved version of the previous ones. The customers love the sturdy design and enhanced features offered by this sturdy watch. It is resistant to low temperature and is solar powered. Once charged fully, it can stay on reserve for about 5- 20 months. The charging time depends upon the light source. Some of the features offered to you by this watch include digital compass with bearing memory, altimeter, barometer, thermometer, barometer, sunrise and sunset timings, World time data and countdown timer. Thus, it is a full package of anything and everything you can ask for. It has a digital dial for day/ date display which is further essential for quick and enhanced readability. Also, it is designed with the advanced triple sensor version 3, which can pack sensors 95% than those of previous models.
Water resistance of this watch is up to 200m, hence suitable for even wet environments. The backlight display offers great visibility even in the dark. You can also put this watch on power saving mode when the battery is running out. Overall, the buyers are highly impressed with this all in one package for their trek trips and athletic activities.
- Great features including barometer, thermometer, sunrise- sunset time detector
- World time data
- 1/10 seconds stopwatch
- 12/24 hour format
- Auto LED display
- The band material can be irritating to the skin
- Low temperature resistant(-10ºC/14°F)
- Solar-powered sport watch featuring stainless steel rotating bezel and digital dial with day/date display
- Features Tough Solar Power, Triple Sensor Version 3, multi-band 6 atomic timekeeping, low-temperature resistance, digital compass with bearing memory, altimeter, barometer, thermometer, sunrise and sunset data, world time, backlight with after-glow, four daily alarms with snooze, 1/10-second stopwatch, countdown timer, 12/24-hour formats, and power-saving function
6. Seiko Men’s Blue Dial Blue Nylon Strap Solar Watch
This super stylish military style watch from Seiko is now trending a lot. The blue colored strap with a silver dial is a fantastic combo. Analog display looks classy, and with bigger font size, it will offer you easy readability as well. Other than time display, the day is also displayed. The day style display is also very elegant with a small day display window at the corner. The band is made of Nylon and offers a buckle closure. Nylon can last long and is damage proof. Hence this watch can be used for a long time.
The silver color dial looks very classy and can go with any outfit. It also has a coin bezel on top which adds on to the stylish design. The luminous hands and markers are also protected using durable crystal for a longer lifespan. Watch is water resistant up to 100m and is suitable for swimming, snorkeling but make sure to take off your watch if you’re going for scuba diving.
- Stainless steel design, hence durability is high
- Large font size
- Luminous display
- Day and date display
- Non-rotating bezel: Benzel is non-rotational and non-functioning
- Luminous feature during nights can be improved
- Round watch with gleaming sunray dial featuring coin-edge bezel and day/date window at 3 o'clock
- 43 mm stainless steel case with Hardlex dial window
- Solar-powered Japanese quartz movement with analog display
7. Seiko Women’s Two-Tone Crystal Collection Watch
This elegantly designed pearl watch is the best buy for all ladies. It will jewel up your hands beautifully and easily team up with all other accessories and outfits. The completely pearled dial has a beautiful finish and gives a graceful look rather than gaudy. The metal strap also has some crystals embellished in it, accentuating the watch’s design. Women who have already bagged this watch are completely satisfied with the beautiful design and quality of Seiko has been an all-time favorite for the ladies since past itself.
It is designed with Japanese quartz movement and is solar powered. However, water resistance is only up to 30m so make sure you remove it before bathing or any other water activity to avoid any damage to your precious watch. You can carry it easily on any occasion or in daily wear as well depending upon your choice.
- Elegant Design
- A classy combination of silver and gold can go along with any outfit
- Japanese quartz movement
- Low water resistance
- Needs to be solar charged quite often
Seiko Women's Ladies Crystal Dress Japanese-Quartz Watch with Stainless-Steel Strap, Two Tone, 14 (Model: SUP360)
- Mother of pearl dial with Swarovski crystals
- Solar powered by light
- Japanese-quartz Movement
- Case Diameter: 28.0mm
- Water resistant to 30m (100ft): in general, withstands splashes or brief immersion in water, but not suitable for swimming or bathing
8. Casio Men’s AQS800WD-1EV Slim Solar Multi-Function Analog-Digital Watch
This watch from Casio is a uniquely designed masterpiece with retro design in a modernized way. The black dial is quite similar to the G shock series, but here this comes with a silver strap which looks classy as well. The watch is digi- analog, hence again a hybrid design and looks super classy. Other features incorporated in this super stylish watch include calendar, countdown timer, five alarms and world time. You can see up to 31 time zones of 41 different cities. Unlike other series of Casio watches, this watch is light in weight and is comfortable to wear and carry around.
It is water resistant to 100m and is suitable for water activities as well. The readability is also good because of LED backlight and uniformly designed font colors to match the darker shade of the background. The battery backup is great; once you charge it to full, the battery can last for around ten months without any need to recharge it again.
- Unique design
- Calendar, different time zones are additional features
- Ana-digi display
- Five alarms can be set
- Great battery backup
- Steel metal strap which might not be suitable for wearing for long durations
- Alarm volume is quite low
- Solar powered ana-digi watch
- 1/100 second stopwatch
- Countdown timer; 5 alarms
- Auto calendar; world time (31 timezones/ 48 cities)
- Water resistant to 330 feet (100 M): suitable for snorkeling, as well as swimming, but not diving
9. Seiko Women’s Silvertone Solar Watch
It is a classic regular women’s watch which you would love to wear as an everyday accessory. The watch design is simple with a silver dial, and metal strap and weight is also light to meet your simplicity requirements. The design material is stainless steel which enhances the durability of your watch. You can thus prefer using it even in routine curse without any worries about scratches and damage. It has an analog display, and the readability is really good owing to a light colored background and large font size. It also displays the day along with date which is quite rare in analog watches, hence a good feature to count on.
Overall, it’s a good buy for routine wear, and you’ll surely love the simple, lightweight design in this amazing Seiko watch.
- Day display
- Good readability
- Up to 100 m water resistance
- The day and date display can go out of sync and may take some time in syncing
- Jewelry watch in silver-tone stainless steel with Swarovski crystals at bezel and bracelet
- Japanese-quartz movement with analog display. Case Size: 22 mm, Case Thickness: 10 mm, Band Width: 9 mm, Band Length: 7.5 inches
10. Seiko Men’s Silvertone Black Dial Solar Calendar Watch
This men’s watch with a black dial by Seiko is a complimentary version of its women’s watch Seiko Women’s Silvertone solar watch. So if you’re looking to buy a pair watch, this is the best choice. Otherwise also, this classic men’s watch with a silver bracelet, black dial is a good buy. Buyers are highly satisfied with the quality and simple design. You can carry it everywhere and on all occasions. The analog display is great with good readability owing to white colored and large font size.
It is crafted with stainless steel metal, and hence durability is also hight. The battery backup is good and being a solar watch, no hassles of getting the battery relaxed again and again. Overall, it’s a great buy for yourself or to gift to someone special as well.
- Classic design: The design of the watch is very traditional and simple. A must but for people looking for a simple design
- Enhanced durability with stainless steel crafting
- Good readability
- Day- Date display
- The day and date display may go out of sync and take time to sync back
- Solar-powered classic watch with sunray dial featuring logo under 12 o'clock, sword-shape hands, and date window at 3 o'clock
- 37 mm stainless steel case with Hardlex dial window
- Quartz movement with analog display
Best Solar Watches Buying Guide- Points To Check Before Buying
Before buying a solar watch, you need to first decide about your purpose of purchase just like in case of other normal watches. First decide the reason for purchase, whether you wish to use it as a daily accessory, you want a party wear style, sports watch, or trek watches it all special functionalities as well. Once you’ve finalized your reason for purchase you can move ahead to shortlisting your favorite designs. However, while shortlisting these designs make sure to keep a check about the following things:
- Crafting material: If you’re purchasing a metal watch prefer stainless steel as it is more durable than steel. Otherwise if going for cloth material, nylon can be the best choice. In case of other variants, make sure that it is comfortable and not- sensitive to the skin
- Weight: Don’t go for sturdy designs or heavyweight watches which can be difficult to carry on the wrists. Prefer lighter weight watches which are comfortable
- Readability: The readability of watch matters a lot, it must offer easy readability in dark as well. Backlight LED must be incorporated or luminous hands and digits to aid display. If you’ve weak vision, make sure they don’t the size of the dial is large. Also, you need to ensure the minimum light level in case of low battery should also be sufficient for vision
- Battery backup: In case of solar watches battery backup is of primary concern. Ensure that battery last for at least 3-5 months after a single charge with solar light
- Illuminating Sources: solar watches get charged with light. Most of the watches can get charged with varied light sources. Prefer the ones which can get charged using a diverse range of light sources
Why & When You need a Solar Watch
So, no more need to discard the watch, with solar energy watches, you can recharge the watch using any light source and then it is ready for use again. After a single 100% recharge, the watch can be operated for 3-5 years. The time taken for recharge will vary depending on the source of light.
Who Should use a Solar Watch
Watches are a daily necessity and for some people having a good collection of watches is a style statement as well. Most women are more fond of stylish embellished watches while men look for classy ones. Sportspersons, athletes, and mountaineers can opt for the trek style watches. These watches are specially designed to suit everyone’s need. To satisfy the fashion craving for women, embellished, peral style watches are best suited. In watches designed for sports and mountaineers, the features are highly uniques and customized. They include barometer, thermometer, World time zones, etc. All such variants are available in solar batteries as well.
These solar watches are durable, long- lasting and do not require changing the batteries again and again. Thus, it is a recommended alternate of our classic battery driven watches.
All the variants available in regular watch categories like sports watches, trek watches, analog/ digital watches, pearl designer watches are available as solar watches as well. So anyone who loves to have a variety of watches or is looking for a good watch to cater the need can opt for purchasing these solar wrist watches.
Buy these super cool and trendy solar power watches to get all the comfort and convenience you need on your wrist. We have made your work easy by shortlisting the best in the market for you. Now all you need to do is pick the one that you think would match your persona the best!